The SUP board or the Stand Up Paddling Board differs from traditional surfboards wherein the former the surfer sits on the board until the wave approaches him/her and then stands up on the board using paddle boarders to propel through the water. Today, there are several different types of SUP boards that differ in terms of its usability such as the surf SUP boards, touring SUP boards, race SUP boards, fishing SUP boards, and even the yoga SUP boards, most of which you can find at www.surflagune.de.
Paddling is fun but it is not so much fun to carry a huge paddleboard with you. That is why marketers have launched the travel-friendly inflatable SUP boards. All you need to do is pump air into it when you want to use it and you are good to paddle. However, the question is whether an inflatable SUP board will work when you want it to. Continue reading to know the answer.
The answer is most definitely a yes. Why else would they market such as thing? Nevertheless, the things that you should really know are the advantages and disadvantages of an inflatable SUP board.
Reasons why the inflatable SUP board will work:
- It is very compact, thus making it travel-friendly. Packing SUP boards have never been easier. Just roll the board, zip it, and leave.
- It is light in weight, which makes it easier for you to carry it in your bag and carry them towards your waves in the water. It is dual in purpose here.
- It has soft but a firm and rigid surface that helps you balance your weight on the board without falling over. All you need to do is pick the right size based on your physique and purpose.
- It is also durable and not at all flimsy.
On the other hand, here are some reasons why the inflatable SUP board might not live up to your expectations.
- Inflating and deflating the board is time-consuming. However, a foot/electric pump should solve the problem.
- It is less stable compared to the solid boards, especially if you plan on paddling through turbulent water conditions and strong winds. Otherwise, it is good to roll.
- It offers lesser speed and lowers agility compared to a solid board. Hence, you cannot show off on the tides. Therefore, choose an inflatable SUP board based on your need.